I wrote a post earlier this month about my favorite zucchini pizza boats. They are a delicious low carb meal. But besides that–my love affair with zucchini stopped. I have had a few bad run ins with this vegetable when I tried to make two different types of zucchini bread. I ended up throwing both breads away and figured that zucchini & I would only come together during our pizza boat episodes.
Then this happened.
This delicious savory & sweet side pairs well with a ton of different meals! Last night we had it with salmon and it was the bomb.com. The cool thing about it is you can really add whatever spices you like to it, to make it fit your personal palate. Besides its versatility, it comes together fairly quickly and packs a ton of flavor. Not to mention–it is healthy! Give this savory/sweet side a try next time you’re in the mood for something new!
- 3 zucchini
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- *Preheat oven to 425*F.
- 1. Peel & slice sweet potatoes into smallish (a very technical term....) chunks
- 2. Rinse & dice zucchini
- 3. Throw both veggies on a roasting pan & drizzle with olive oil
- 4. Sprinkle on the spices to your liking. (You can even do a mixture of different spices...up to you.)
- 5. Roast for about 35ish minutes, or until both veggies are tender.