There is nothing that I love more than waking up in the morning, getting my cup of coffee & then slicing a piece of banana bread. I cover it in softened butter and then place it in the toaster oven to get nice and crispy. Yum! The perfect breakfast in my opinion. Healthy? Most likely not. Delicious? of course! Do you need this in your life? Definitely!
This recipe came from my Nana, who I’m sure got it out of our church’s cookbook. It is delicious. I’ve tried multiple banana bread recipes, & this is one that I keep coming back to. I don’t know what it is about this recipe that makes it stand out to me…maybe it’s the texture…or the fact that it isn’t overwhelmingly banana. I just am not sure- but I do know it is the bomb.com. If you’re looking for a new banana bread recipe, give this one a try. I know it won’t disappoint! 🙂
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup nuts (walnut/pecan)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 stick melted butter
- 2 eggs
- *Preheat oven to 350*.
- 1. Take your ripe bananas and smash them. (The more ripe they are, the sweeter they'll be.)
- 2. Mix the flour, baking soda, & sugar in a bowl.
- 3. Pour in the melted butter, eggs, and smashed bananas and mix with the dry ingredients.
- 4. Fold in the nuts.
- 5. Pour into a greased loaf pan & bake for about an hour.
- For a chocolaty twist, once you've poured the batter into the loaf pan, dollop spoonfuls of Nutella on top and then swirl with a knife.